Soya comes from the Soya Bean pods that are located in the Soya plant. The scientific name is Glycin Max and it is from the Pea family. India is one of the largest producers of Soya Beans. Soya nuggets or Soya Chunks or “Bari” is commonly known as the vegetarian meat.
Process of Soya chunk
- Prepared from de – fatted Soya flour by the process of extrusion cooking.
- During the process, the protein in the flour undergoes structural changes and forms a fiber like network.
- The texturized product on soaking in water absorbs the same and develops meat like and chewy characteristics and therefore nuggets are called as vegetarian meat.
Health benefits of Soya Chunk
- Improve Bone Health
- Relieve Sleep Disorders
- Rich source of protein and among the vegetable proteins they contribute a maximum level of 50% protein
- Free from cholesterol, they are used as meat substitutes
- Relieve Menopausal Symptoms
- Improve Metabolic Activity
- Healthy Weight Gain
- Anticancer Potential
- Boost Heart Health
- Boost Digestion
- Control Diabetes
Soybeans Nutrition Facts
Soybeans contain vitamin K, riboflavin, folate, vitamin B6, thiamin, and vitamin C. As for minerals, soybeans contain significant amounts of iron, manganese, phosphorus, copper, potassium, magnesium, zinc, selenium, and calcium.